My Mom’s FAMOUS Banana Bread…with a few little extra Kerry touches …aka sweeter!!
Being an adult and living away from home always has it perks, but every once in a while I cannot help but really miss those warm feelings I like to call MOM!! Which I would also like to take the opportunity and point out that my mom who I love so much, has still not read a single blog posting of mine, even though I have mentioned it about 100 times. She has even joked she could start her own blog “Been There, Done That.” Quite clever that mom of mine lol.
Well I found myself last week just missing being home with my family (My mom, my Dad, my little brother and my two sisters). When I just thought well if I cannot be home, at least my home can smell like my moms . So I decided to open my recipe book and there it was, my moms banana bread recipe. And it just so happened I had a few bananas that were on their way out.
Here is the recipe I followed:
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup of mashed bananas (2-3 bananas)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Brown Sugar (Kerry’s added ingredient)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease 9x5x3 baking dish.
- Mix sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer.
- Add in bananas and lemon juice.
- Add milk and eggs.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Blend well.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into baking dish.
- I then cover the top in dark brown sugar…yum .
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. (It always takes me 70 minutes exactly!!)
Here are a few photos:
And my husband thought it would be a fun and fabulous idea to show what I actually look like when I am cooking. LOL…aka…not showered on a Sunday morning, with my hair fresh off the pillow .
If you like banana bread, then definitely give this recipe a try. It is wonderful!! And please, let me know if you do . (Mom, if you read this, thank you for FINALLY READING!!…I love you!!).
<3 Luv and I Do xxoo