If you LOVE peanut butter and you LOVE chocolate, well then these are just the perfect cookies for you!! Of course I added a little extra twist…more chocolate…which means double the deliciousness!! I just could not help myself!! You know when you are eating a cooking and you save the best bite for last…aka the Hershey kiss, well why not have two amazing bites??!!! So, I doubled up on Hershey kisses and now every inch of these cookies are delectable!! I also made a half the batch with Reeses peanut butter cups as well for another twist…and omg YUM!!
I followed this recipe here.
Or you can follow along below as well:
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar for decoration
- 1 (12 ounce) bag milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
- 1 (12 ounce) bag of reese’s peanut butter cups
**I used 12 ounce bags instead of 9 and only had about 5 or 6 extra candies.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, and 1 cup white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, and stir in the milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture until well blended. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in remaining white sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from oven, and immediately press a chocolate kiss into each cookie. Allow to cool completely; the kiss will harden as it cools. (The same goes for the peanut butter cup).
Here are a few photos:
I hope your week is filled with double the love and a twist just like my cookies!!
<3 Luv and I Do xxoo